Okay, so I’ve completed a few more things on my to do list which makes me very happy…perhaps not as many as I hoped but that’s the way it goes sometimes!
1. Publish more articles, somewhere: I’ve had one article in Light Leaks and I will be doing reviews for the Toy Camera website which is really fun
2. Travel to Japan: as I said the flights are booked and we are doing research now on hotels and places to stay and what we want to see.
3. Fast on all days of obligation: 2
5. establish my own workshops: This is well on it’s way, so please stay tuned!
12. Go to the movies (6/5): Complete! I’ve been catching up on all my want-to-see movies which has been really nice
14. organize the office: I haven’t actually started this yet but I did find a shelf that I want to bring in to replace some of the old furniture and hopefully make it easier for me to organize my pictures, albums etc…
19. visit Petrie Island (1/10): We went for a lovely walk at Petrie Island and saw some great wild life – it was very relaxing and I definitely look forward to doing it again soon!
27. read 5 books I already own: started reading the book I bought on Japan…I could be making a greater effort on this one!
30. organize old photos and negatives: I have started collecting all my negatives and putting them in boxes but there is still more work to do!
31. do more silkscreening: I have drawn out some new designs and am getting ready for production!
33. shoot 1 roll of film a week: I’m not even close but I have shot a lot more film and shoot at least every week, even if I don’t finish the roll
35. use all of my toy/vintage cameras: I have started using them and it’s been a great time experimenting and cleaning up my old cameras. Right now I’m fixing one of my holgas and am excited to have it up and running again!
36. paint the house: I have started picking colors which is always step one and I’m hoping May and June will be a good time to paint as we can open up the windows…the snow today was discouraging I must say!
39. use my stereo pinhole camera: YES! I did start and have been using the guide that by PictureNoise created and let me know about via the forums at ToyCamera dot com.
40. build my Gakken TLR: Done! And I LOVE IT!
41. use it: Done!
59. plant my garden: I’ve been watching my bulbs come up and some of the plants start already…hopefully the snow today does not disrupt them too much!
60. give Lily, my dog, a bath: Complete – after the “skunk incident”
68. blog regularly: This I think I am doing but it is on-going
69. take time out for myself: I have been trying to do more of this and think I’m succeeding – I try to keep at least one or two nights free a week so I can do what I like. I’m slowly learning that I don’t have to fill ever minute of every day…
73. Take part in a traveling camera project: the camera is currently in Spain – this has been a really exciting project for me and I have been so happy with how things have been progressing and that the camera has been moving around and is currently on it’s first European leg!